Why an academy?
In 2011, the Governing Body of St Ann's Well Primary saw the opportunities and potential that came with conversion to Academy status. There were a number of options for taking that status forward:
- It was felt that conversion to become a 'stand-alone' academy would limit the impact and potential benefits.
- Becoming part of a larger, established chain risked imposition of a vision and values that might not match our own.
- A third option - for St Ann's Well to become a founding school in a new umbrella trust. This would grant us the opportunity to work in partnership with schools who share our beliefs and ethos whilst allowing us to retain control over our values and direction. It was this 3rd option that fitted best with our aspirations to influence a better education for greater numbers of children locally, nationally and internationally.
The decision was made to become a founding part of the L.E.A.D Academy Trust, offering as it does the opportunity for progression, development and partnership.
What is distinctive about the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust?
All partners in the L.E.A.D Academy Trust know the importance of both autonomy and collaboration.
This is why the L.E.A.D model allows member schools the autonomy to lead and manage in a way that preserves their individual identity and responds to specific community needs, while unifying them through:
- shared vision and values,
- partnership working in key areas such as leadership, professional development and sharing best ideas and practice
- improved succession and career planning
- a relentless focus on an exceptional quality of teaching and learning
A strong focus on leadership permeates our model, not just at Trust level or within our clusters of schools or individual schools but for staff and for children. We believe everyone can benefit from the development of leadership skills.
Our focus on leadership also extends to succession planning, talent management and enhanced career options for leaders across our schools. Growing our own leaders and deploying them across the Trust as opportunities arise will embed our values, facilitate the sharing of best practice and promote sustainability