Pupil premium is additional money given to schools for each child who qualifies for free school meals.
It’s one of the reasons that we want everyone who is entitled to free school meals to apply. The money allocated to schools is to be spent in making sure those children from eligible families make good progress and are able to have the same chances as those from perhaps more “privileged” families who do not qualify for additional funding.
To find out if you qualify for Free School Meals telephone the following number confidentially: Telephone 0115 9155808
You will need to supply your name, address and National Insurance Number, and they will inform you straight away if you qualify for free school meals and notify the school on your behalf.
St Ann’s Well’s free school meal children make at least good, sometimes outstanding progress and we are proud of their achievements.
Our school uses the pupil premium funding to:
- Support intervention groups to boost learning- including additional Teaching Assistant provision to reduce group ratios.
- Subsidise school trips and events.
- Subsidise some activities and trips for extended learning opportunities.
- Provide booster groups after school.
- Enables small intensive reading and phonics groups to take place.
- Provision of specialist individual and small group music tuition to develop rhythm and intonation skills.
- Provision of social and emotional support worker and family liaison worker.
- Extended learning club to offer support for pupil premium pupils to narrow any attainment gaps with fellow pupils.
Please apply today as it specifically helps your child and is indeed important for the whole school.
Click here to view the Pupil Premium and end of year impact 2018-19 and Pupil Premium Report 2019-20